If you would prefer to not have to type in a password to log in to Windows 7, Microsoft continues to provide a way to auto-login. This is the exact same method used in Microsoft Windows Vista (you used that too, right?).
- Use the Windows key + R combination on your keyboard to launch the “Run” dialog box
- Type control userpasswords2 and click OK (Figure 1.)
- The Advanced User Accounts window will open
- Uncheck the option “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” and click “OK” (Figure 2.)
- A new window will appear. Type in the username of the user to automatically log in as well as that user’s current password and confirmation password and click OK
- The next time the system is restarted , a password will not be required