There may be times when you need to remove a WebSphere deployment manager, node, or application server profile. I have successfully used the following steps in versions 7 and 8 of WebSphere.
- Stop the deployment managers, nodes, or application servers that are associated with the profile that you want to remove
- List all profiles on a server:
- Remove a WebSphere Application Server profile:
[was_install_dir]/bin/manageprofiles.sh –delete –profileName profile
- Ensure that references to the deleted profile are removed from the profile registry:
- Delete the profile directory tree (if it was not deleted by the previous action):
[was_install_dir]/profiles/rm -r profile