I recently wiped the disk on my primary PC and installed fresh copies of Microsoft Windows 10 Professional, Microsoft Office 2016, and the SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office 7.11 (using the standalone installer). I then fired up Microsoft Excel and noticed that the SAS menu item was not available:
The missing menu didn’t alarm me – many times in the past Microsoft Office “disabled” the Add-In and I merely had to re-enable it to get my SAS menu back. In this case, however, it wasn’t even included in the Disabled Application Add-Ins in the Excel options:
I contacted SAS Technical Support, and they provided a workaround for SAS Add-In for Microsoft Office 7.11 users. The fix is very simple and takes care of the issue. Administrator privileges are required for all of the steps.
- Install 7.1 or 7.11 of the Add-In
- Rename or remove the old switcher utility file (generally located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SASHome\x86\SASAddinforMicrosoftOffice\7.1\SwitcherUtility.exe)
- Obtain the new 7.12 switcher utility and copy it to the location from Step 2
[download id=”126″ format=”2″]
- Run switcherutility.exe resetall from the command prompt
- Start up Microsoft Excel and The Add-In is now available to you! You will probably be prompted to install a Hot Fix as well.