- Back up important trip data separately from your Garmin device.
- Plan routes from the convenience of your computer instead of on your device.
- Create, view, and edit waypoints, routes, and tracks.
- Plan extensive or complicated routes, in which you travel to several locations in an order you specify.
- Transfer waypoints, routes and tracks between your computer and your device.
- Transfer selected map from your computer to your device.
- Find items, addresses and points of interest included in the map data.
- View your maps in detail on your computer screen.
You can even download a MapSource tutorial at http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/mapsourceTutorial.html.
Changes made from version 6.15.7 to 6.15.11:
- Improved performance for custom draw elements.
- Made sure waypoints of type ‘Geotagged Photo’ don’t crash MapSource.
- Allowed the import and export of unlock codes.
- Made sure unlocking changes get propagated without needing to restart the application.
- Phone numbers that were imported from gpx files were not written back out again. This is now fixed.
- Added support for enhanced map security.
- Fixed unlocking issue.
- Implemented Asian 6-level address search.
- Improved trimming performance for some Asian map products.