[download id=”80″ format=”2″]
Garmin released version 4.4.6 of the BaseCamp software for Microsoft Windows on December 16, 2014, just one month after releasing version 4.4.4. Version 4.4.6 fixed nine issues from the previous version. BaseCamp is software to view and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device. It works very similar to MapSource. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including elevation profiles. Then you can view and rotate the maps from any angle.
- Import and view maps in 2-D or 3-D, including TOPO and City Navigator® maps
- Create, edit and organize routes, waypoints and more on your computer
- View BirdsEye Satellite Imagery or BirdsEye Select raster maps, and transfer the data to your device (subscriptions required)
- Create and share Garmin Adventures
- Create and share geotagged photos
- View playback of routes, tracks and adventures
- Search for geocaches through integrated OpenCaching support
Changes made from version 4.4.4 to 4.4.6:
- Fixed issue with BaseCamp copying BirdsEye from a SD card each time the card is connected
- Fixed issue with dragging a find result into the route point list
- Fixed issue with the Find POI category and subcategory drop downs not properly updating the search
- Fixed another issue when using the Hand tool and <ALT> key to insert route points while Trip Planner is open
- Fixed issue with the displayed route travel times
- Fixed issue with not properly detecting waypoint merge conflicts when receiving data from the device
- Added back the ‘Create BirdsEye from selection’ menu item when the selection contains BirdsEye
- Fixed odd selection behavior when using the Hand tool to pan the map
- Fixed issue with inserting route or track points with the hand tool not always choosing the correct insert location
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or later is required. Machines with earlier operating systems can use BaseCamp 4.2.5
- .NET framework 4.5 SP1 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed
- Windows Media Player 11 or greater is required (a free download from Microsoft)
- 1 GB of system memory is required, 2 GB of system memory is recommended when using BirdsEye Imagery or Garmin Custom Maps.
- A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later is needed to enable the 3D view.
- If you experience problems when interacting with the map views, please make sure that you have installed current video card drivers
- BaseCamp will recognize all MapSource products except BlueChart
- BaseCamp does not work with serial GPS devices
The current Mac version of BaseCamp is 4.4.5, last updated on December 2, 2014. It can be downloaded at the Garmin web site.