[download id=”77″ format=”2″]
Garmin released version 4.4.2 of the BaseCamp software for Microsoft Windows on October 1, 2014, just one week after releasing version 4.4.1. Version 4.4.2 fixed three issues from the previous version. BaseCamp is software to view and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device. It works very similar to MapSource. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including elevation profiles. Then you can view and rotate the maps from any angle.
- Import and view maps in 2-D or 3-D, including TOPO and City Navigator® maps
- Create, edit and organize routes, waypoints and more on your computer
- View BirdsEye Satellite Imagery or BirdsEye Select raster maps, and transfer the data to your device (subscriptions required)
- Create and share Garmin Adventures
- Create and share geotagged photos
- View playback of routes, tracks and adventures
- Search for geocaches through integrated OpenCaching support
Changes made from version 4.4.1 to 4.4.2:
- Fixed issue when transferring data to a device after upgrading from BaseCamp 4.3
- Fixed issue with route calculation not completing on newer Unicode maps (such as City Nav Europe)
- Fixed issue with trip planner sometimes failing to create a trip on newer Unicode maps (such as City Nav Europe)
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or later is required. Machines with earlier operating systems can use BaseCamp 4.2.5
- .NET framework 4.5 SP1 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed
- Windows Media Player 11 or greater is required (a free download from Microsoft)
- 1 GB of system memory is required, 2 GB of system memory is recommended when using BirdsEye Imagery or Garmin Custom Maps.
- A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later is needed to enable the 3D view.
- If you experience problems when interacting with the map views, please make sure that you have installed current video card drivers
- BaseCamp will recognize all MapSource products except BlueChart
- BaseCamp does not work with serial GPS devices
The current Mac version of BaseCamp is 4.4.2, last updated on September 25, 2014. It can be downloaded at the Garmin web site.