[download id=”71″ format=”2″]
I know, I skipped a couple of versions, but I have made them available in the downloads section of the site. Garmin released version 4.2.5 of the BaseCamp software on December 17, 2013, which includes 8 fixes from version 4.2.4. BaseCamp is software to view and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device. It works very similar to MapSource. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including elevation profiles. Then you can view and rotate the maps from any angle.
- View 24K or 100K topographic maps and other topographic data.
- Displays maps in 2-D or 3-D, including elevation profiles.
- View and rotate maps at any angle.
- Create waypoints and routes on your computer and transfer maps, waypoints, routes, tracks and geotagged photos between your computer and device.
- Transfers satellite images to your device (with the purchase of BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagerysubscription).
- Shows animated playback of routes and tracks over time.
- Supports geotagged photos.
- Easily organize data into folders.
- Prints full-page, color maps.
- Exports user data for viewing in Google Earth™.
- Includes advanced geocaching support; can import data from geocaching.com.
Changes made from version 4.2.4 to 4.2.5:
- Fixed strings being displayed in multiple languages in the UI
- Fixed long delay when changing the activity profile of a route on the route dialog
- Fixed long delay when converting a track into a route
- Fixed issue where changing the activity profile of an individual route leg wasn’t applied unless one of the via times was also changed
- Fixed issue clicking Next on the geotagged photo properties dialog when there is only one photo in the list
- Fixed long delays when selecting many points in the track point list
- Fixed long delays when pasting many points in the track point list
- Improved robustness of auto-saving user data
- IBM-compatible computer running Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later
- Microsoft® .NET framework 3.5 SP1; a current version of .NET will be installed if needed
- A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later to view 3-D terrain
- Intel-based Mac running OS 10.6 or higher
- 1024 MB or RAM (2048 MB recommended)
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later is required
- .NET framework 3.5 SP1 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed
- Windows Media Player 11 or greater is required (a free download from Microsoft)
- 1 GB of system memory is required, 2 GB of system memory is recommended when using BirdsEye Imagery or Garmin Custom Maps
- A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later is needed to enable the 3D view
- If you experience problems when interacting with the map views, please make sure that you have installed current video card drivers
- BaseCamp will recognize all MapSource products except BlueChart
- BaseCamp does not work with serial GPS devices