[download id=”67″ format=”2″]
Garmin released version 4.2.2 of the BaseCamp software on July 22, which includes 7 fixes from version 4.2.1. BaseCamp is software to view and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device. It works very similar to MapSource. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including elevation profiles. Then you can view and rotate the maps from any angle.
- View 24K or 100K topographic maps and other topographic data.
- Displays maps in 2-D or 3-D, including elevation profiles.
- View and rotate maps at any angle.
- Create waypoints and routes on your computer and transfer maps, waypoints, routes, tracks and geotagged photos between your computer and device.
- Transfers satellite images to your device (with the purchase of BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagerysubscription).
- Shows animated playback of routes and tracks over time.
- Supports geotagged photos.
- Easily organize data into folders.
- Prints full-page, color maps.
- Exports user data for viewing in Google Earth™.
- Includes advanced geocaching support; can import data from geocaching.com.
Changes made from version 4.2.1 to 4.1.2:
- Fixed start-up issue when opening some map installations
- Fixed start-up issue with opening Trip Planner
- Fixed various issues with upgrading legacy databases
- Fixed issue searching for named trailsFixed activity based routing
- Fixed issue with editing routes received from a device
- Fixed issue when using find
- IBM-compatible computer running Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later
- Microsoft® .NET framework 3.5 SP1; a current version of .NET will be installed if needed
- A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later to view 3-D terrain
- Intel-based Mac running OS 10.6 or higher
- 1024 MB or RAM (2048 MB recommended)
- Windows Media Player 11 or greater is required (a free download from Microsoft)
- 1 GB of system memory is required, 2 GB of system memory is recommended when using BirdsEye Imagery or Garmin Custom Maps
- BaseCamp will recognize all MapSource products except BlueChart
- BaseCamp does not work with serial GPS devices