[download id=”66″ format=”2″]
Garmin has released version 4.1.2 of the BaseCamp software, which includes 11 fixes from version 4.1.1. BaseCamp is software to view and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device. It works very similar to MapSource. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including elevation profiles. Then you can view and rotate the maps from any angle.
- View 24K or 100K topographic maps and other topographic data.
- Displays maps in 2-D or 3-D, including elevation profiles.
- View and rotate maps at any angle.
- Create waypoints and routes on your computer and transfer maps, waypoints, routes, tracks and geotagged photos between your computer and device.
- Transfers satellite images to your device (with the purchase of BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagerysubscription).
- Shows animated playback of routes and tracks over time.
- Supports geotagged photos.
- Easily organize data into folders.
- Prints full-page, color maps.
- Exports user data for viewing in Google Earth™.
- Includes advanced geocaching support; can import data from geocaching.com.
Changes made from version 4.1.1 to 4.1.2:
- Fixed an issue with Basestation mode
- Fixed an issue where BaseCamp would not remember the positioning of the toolbars correctly
- Fixed an issue where the Custom POI symbols from POI files where incorrect
- Fixed an issue with the address search
- Fixed an issue where refreshing a search was using the last location on the map, not the current one
- Fixed an issue where Cutting (Ctrl-X) a photo on a device would delete the photo and prevent the user from pasting it
- Fixed an issue with some Asian language map products
- Fixed an issue with deleting track points
- Fixed an issue with route creation in a folder
- Fixed an issue where the hand tool was not always set as the default tool
- Fixed some menu inconsistencies between find results, context menus, and map popup menus
- IBM-compatible computer running Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later
- Microsoft® .NET framework 3.5 SP1; a current version of .NET will be installed if needed
- A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later to view 3-D terrain
- Intel-based Mac running OS 10.6 or higher
- 1024 MB or RAM (2048 MB recommended)