[download id=”50″ format=”2″]
Garmin has released version 3.0.6 of the BaseCamp software, which includes fixes for 16 different issues from version 3.0.5. BaseCamp is software to view and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device. It works very similar to MapSource. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including elevation profiles. Then you can view and rotate the maps from any angle.
- View 24K or 100K topographic maps and other topographic data.
- Displays maps in 2-D or 3-D, including elevation profiles.
- View and rotate maps at any angle.
- Create waypoints and routes on your computer and transfer maps, waypoints, routes, tracks and geotagged photos between your computer and device.
- Transfers satellite images to your device (with the purchase of BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription).
- Shows animated playback of routes and tracks over time.
- Supports geotagged photos.
- Easily organize data into folders.
- Prints full-page, color maps.
- Exports user data for viewing in Google Earth.
- Includes advanced geocaching support; can import data from geocaching.com.
Changes made from version 3.0.5 to 3.0.6:
- Added support for the GB Discoverer series of products
- Added support for the City Navigator Israel series of products
- Improved memory usage when drawing maps
- Improved auto routing calculation speed
- Improved address searching when searching near ‘center of map’
- Improved indexing of map products installed on devices or SD cards
- Changed error reporting for imported files
- Fixed issue when rendering the ‘&’ sign on map labels
- Fixed startup issue related to diacritics or the German Eszett in the database
- Fixed startup issues related to bad 3d settings
- Fixed errors that could occur when changing filtered route settings in the middle of creating a route
- Fixed errors when editing geotagged photos
- Fixed input of custom grid values
- Fixed issues that could happen when changing the map font
- Fixed issues that would result in sections of the map missing when using an NT map product
- Fixed issues when changing datum and grid
- BaseCamp requires an IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later operating system or any Intel-based or PowerPC G4 or later Mac OS.
- Microsoft.NET framework 2.0 SP1 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed.
- A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later is needed to view 3-D terrain.
- If you experience problems when interacting with the map views, please make sure that you have installed current video card drivers.