[download id="45" format="2"]
Garmin is obviously putting a lot of effort into BaseCamp. Only three weeks after releasing version 3.0.4, Garmin has released version 3.0.5, which includes fixes for 15 different issues and localization for 18 languages. The added features and fixes increased the size of this download from 70 Mbytes in v3.0.4 to 125 Mbytes in v3.0.5.
BaseCamp is software to view and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device. It works very similar to MapSource. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including elevation profiles. Then you can view and rotate the maps from any angle.
- View 24K or 100K topographic maps and other topographic data.
- Displays maps in 2-D or 3-D, including elevation profiles.
- View and rotate maps at any angle.
- Create waypoints and routes on your computer and transfer maps, waypoints, routes, tracks and geotagged photos between your computer and device.
- Transfers satellite images to your device (with the purchase of BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription).
- Shows animated playback of routes and tracks over time.
- Supports geotagged photos.
- Easily organize data into folders.
- Prints full-page, color maps.
- Exports user data for viewing in Google Earth.
- Includes advanced geocaching support; can import data from geocaching.com.
Changes made from version 3.0.3 to 3.0.4:
- Added localization for the following languages: Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian (Bokmal), Polish, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish
- Added the ability to unlock BirdsEye Imagery for a specific device
- Added support to recognize European Topographic cards as retail products
- Improved map projection when printing BirdsEye Imagery
- Change to preserve subfolders when writing Garmin Custom Maps
- Change to correctly resolve relative paths in links on waypoints received from devices
- Change to use a more reasonable zoom level when selecting ‘Show on map’ for a single find result or waypoint
- Change to update the database to reflect missing images when doing a ‘Restore’ when the images were excluded from the backed up
- Change to preserve selection of device when starting BirdsEye wizard, if a device was previously selected
- Change to read maps on SD cards written to the \Map subfolder
- Fixed auto-routing issues on certain maps
- Fixed copy/paste of geotagged photos from a device not copying the photo
- Fixed possible issues when launching an external file or URL link
- Fixed issues when reading geotagged photos with invalid timestamps
- Fixed displaying postal code twice in POI property balloons in some European maps
- Fixed issues geotagging photos with Asian language paths
- BaseCamp requires an IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later operating system or any Intel-based or PowerPC G4 or later Mac OS.
- Microsoft.NET framework 2.0 SP1 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed.
- A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later is needed to view 3-D terrain.
- If you experience problems when interacting with the map views, please make sure that you have installed current video card drivers.