[download id=”41″ format=”2″]
BaseCamp is software to view and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device. It works very similar to MapSource. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including elevation profiles. Then you can view and rotate the maps from any angle.
- View 24K or 100K topographic maps and other topographic data.
- Displays maps in 2-D or 3-D, including elevation profiles.
- View and rotate maps at any angle.
- Create waypoints and routes on your computer and transfer maps, waypoints, routes, tracks and geotagged photos between your computer and device.
- Transfers satellite images to your device (with the purchase of BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription).
- Shows animated playback of routes and tracks over time.
- Supports geotagged photos.
- Easily organize data into folders.
- Prints full-page, color maps.
- Exports user data for viewing in Google Earth.
- Includes advanced geocaching support; can import data from geocaching.com.
Changes made from version 3.0.1 to 3.0.2:
- Eliminated error messages at startup with blank SD cards.
- Fixed several printing related issues.
- Fixed issue when hovering over the 3D view after turning off lines or areas.
- Fixed issue when importing a KML file that didn’t contain any visible ground overlays.
- Fixed issue with track and route join.
- Fixed issue with track and route insert.
- Fixed issue with geotagged photos on devices not being read.
- BaseCamp requires an IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later operating system or any Intel-based or PowerPC G4 or later Mac OS.
- Microsoft.NET framework 2.0 SP1 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed.
- A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later is needed to view 3-D terrain.
- If you experience problems when interacting with the map views, please make sure that you have installed current video card drivers.