Garmin released Version 8.30 of its Edge 1000 bike computer software on June 6, 2016.
Changes made from version 8.10 to 8.30:
- New feature! Added the ability to set an activity’s Ride Type. Garmin Connect will show this setting in each ride’s Activity Type. You can modify the default setting for each Activity Profile and also manually override this value on the save/discard page for each ride. Please note that the following Ride Type settings are not yet supported on Garmin Connect, but will be added in the upcoming weeks: Commuting, eBike, and eMountain.
- Fixed issue where an extra activity profile is created when importing settings from WKO4
- Added support for two new data fields on the Varia Vision: Gear Battery and Gear Combo
- Fixed issue where CIQ data fields could cause sensor dropouts
- Improved experience with Bontrager lights
- Fixed issue where FTP could be corrupted, which caused TSS and IF metrics to not be recorded
- Fixed issues with gear shifting data
Use Garmin Express to install the new version.