Garmin released Version 13.00 of its Edge 1000 bike computer software on May 3, 2017. Seven fixes or improvements were included in the upgrade. For me, the Bluetooth fix and improved grade responsiveness and accuracy are particularly welcome updates.
Changes made from version 12.20 to 13.00:
- Added support for Varia UT lights, including a new light control page
- Indoor cycling Activity Profiles now turn bike lights off by default
- Improved the heading data field to show cardinal directions instead of degrees when paired to Varia Vision
- Fixed an issue that could cause Bluetooth disconnects
- Made improvements to Grade responsiveness and accuracy
- Fixed an issue with routing that was incorrectly preventing some roads from being routed on and changed default avoidance of Major Highways to Off
- Improved automatic zooming logic on the map.
Use Garmin Express to install the new version.