[download id=”127″ format=”2″]
Garmin released version 4.6.2 of the BaseCamp software for Microsoft Windows on February 12, 2016. Version 4.6.2 is a relatively minor update, fixing 1 issue from the previous version. Garmin BaseCamp is software to view and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device. It works very similar to MapSource. Garmin BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including elevation profiles. Then you can view and rotate the maps from any angle.
Garmin BaseCamp Features:
- Import and view maps in 2-D or 3-D, including TOPO and City Navigator® maps
- Create, edit and organize routes, waypoints and more on your computer
- View BirdsEye Satellite Imagery or BirdsEye Select raster maps, and transfer the data to your device (subscriptions required)
- Create and share Garmin Adventures
- Create and share geotagged photos
- View playback of routes, tracks and adventures
- Search for geocaches through integrated OpenCaching support
Changes made from Garmin BaseCamp version 4.6.1 to 4.6.2:
- Fixed an issue displaying route elevation graphs
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or later is required. Machines with earlier operating systems can use BaseCamp 4.2.5
- .NET framework 4.5 SP1 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed
- Windows Media Player 11 or greater is required (a free download from Microsoft)
- 1 GB of system memory is required, 2 GB of system memory is recommended when using BirdsEye Imagery or Garmin Custom Maps.
- A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later is needed to enable the 3D view.
- If you experience problems when interacting with the map views, please make sure that you have installed current video card drivers
- Garmin BaseCamp will recognize all MapSource products except BlueChart
- Garmin BaseCamp does not work with serial GPS devices
The current Mac version of Garmin BaseCamp is 4.6.1, last updated on February 9, 2015. It can be downloaded at the Garmin web site.