John M. has created maps suitable for Garmin GPS units and posted them at GPSFileDepot. The extent of the area includes all of New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, parts of Arkansas, Louisiana, and Missouri. Features include:
- Roads – Interstates, highways, arterial roads, residential roads, limited unpaved roads
- High resolution water data – lakes, rivers, streams, and washes
- Federal Land Usage – Wilderness area, national parks, and military bases/ranges, native American reservations
- Borders – County and state boundary lines
- Elevation contours – 20ft intervals
- GNIS Points of Interest – summits, mines, falls, dams, cemeteries, towers, populated places, etc.
The map collection (616 MB), with installer, can be downloaded at http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/102/.