Garmin has released version 3.2.2 of the BaseCamp software, which includes 15 new features or fixes from version 3.2.1. BaseCamp is software to view and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device. It works very similar to MapSource. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including elevation profiles. Then you can view and rotate the maps from any angle.
- View 24K or 100K topographic maps and other topographic data.
- Displays maps in 2-D or 3-D, including elevation profiles.
- View and rotate maps at any angle.
- Create waypoints and routes on your computer and transfer maps, waypoints, routes, tracks and geotagged photos between your computer and device.
- Transfers satellite images to your device (with the purchase of BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagerysubscription).
- Shows animated playback of routes and tracks over time.
- Supports geotagged photos.
- Easily organize data into folders.
- Prints full-page, color maps.
- Exports user data for viewing in Google Earth™.
- Includes advanced geocaching support; can import data from geocaching.com.
Changes made from version 3.2.1 to 3.2.2:
- Fixed an issue with migrating waypoints with thumbnails from previous versions of BaseCamp to 3.2.1. This issue could have corrupted the database.
- Fixed an issue with tracks that had been duplicated becoming corrupted.
- Added a prompt to notify the user when data loss might have occurred.
- Added a ‘restore from previous version’ menu item.
- Added support for exporting of fitness data (heart rate and cadence) in tracks.
- Changed to attempt to fix the paths in Garmin Custom Maps (KML ground overlay) files at start-up without notifying the user that there were problems with the file.
- Changed the message displayed at start-up when the current video mode/card doesn’t support 3D.
- Improved initial download size estimates for some BirdsEye products.
- Fixed some issues with undo/redo.
- Fixed several issues related to application shutdown.
- Fixed an issue with not recognizing Garmin mode USB device (such as the GPSMap 60) arrival and removal.
- Fixed several issues related to aborting transfers to Garmin mode USB devices.
- Fixed some issues related to ejecting mass storage devices.
- Fixed some issues with changing folder selection while using the BirdsEye wizard.
- Fixed an issue with reading geotagged photos from many smartphones.
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later is required.
- .NET framework 3.5 SP1 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed.
- Windows Media Player 11 or greater is required (a free download from Microsoft).
- 1 GB of system memory is required, 2 GB of system memory is recommended when using BirdsEye Imagery or Garmin Custom Maps.
- A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later is needed to enable the 3D view.
- If you experience problems when interacting with the map views, please make sure that you have installed current video card drivers.
- BaseCamp will recognize all MapSource products except BlueChart.
- BaseCamp does not work with serial GPS devices.