Garmin has released version 3.1.2 of the BaseCamp software, which includes fixes for 11 different issues from version 3.1.1. BaseCamp is software to view and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device. It works very similar to MapSource. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including elevation profiles. Then you can view and rotate the maps from any angle.
- View 24K or 100K topographic maps and other topographic data.
- Displays maps in 2-D or 3-D, including elevation profiles.
- View and rotate maps at any angle.
- Create waypoints and routes on your computer and transfer maps, waypoints, routes, tracks and geotagged photos between your computer and device.
- Transfers satellite images to your device (with the purchase of BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagerysubscription).
- Shows animated playback of routes and tracks over time.
- Supports geotagged photos.
- Easily organize data into folders.
- Prints full-page, color maps.
- Exports user data for viewing in Google Earth™.
- Includes advanced geocaching support; can import data from geocaching.com.
Changes made from version 3.1.1 to 3.1.2:
- Added localization for Simplified Chinese, Korean, and Thai.
- Added the ability to move the BirdsEye Create tool selection box.
- Added automatic naming of BirdsEyes based on the region of the map it is over.
- Fixed issue with creating user data on Windows XP with the property tab splitter shrunken to a very small height.
- Fixed problem with not showing the correct map layer for cards that contain raster data (such as GB Discoverer).
- Fixed various issues related to the user data filter and selection changes.
- Fixed issue with a gap in the distances of the find results.
- Fixed drawing of labels behind terrain in the 3D view.
- Fixed issue renaming data items in the list if the list wasn’t sorted by name.
- Fixed an issue migrating routes from 3.0.6 to 3.1.1 that were originally created in MapSource.
- Improved recovery from memory allocation issues.
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later is required.
- .NET framework 3.5 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed.
- 1 GB of system memory is required, 2 GB of system memory is recommended when using BirdsEye Imagery or Garmin Custom Maps.
- A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later is needed to enable the 3D view.
- If you experience problems when interacting with the map views, please make sure that you have installed current video card drivers.
- BaseCamp will recognize all MapSource products except BlueChart.
- BaseCamp does not work with serial GPS devices.