Garmin has released version 3.1.1 of the BaseCamp software, which includes fixes for 13 different issues from version 3.0.6. BaseCamp is software to view and organize your maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks and send them to your Garmin device. It works very similar to MapSource. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including elevation profiles. Then you can view and rotate the maps from any angle.
- View 24K or 100K topographic maps and other topographic data.
- Displays maps in 2-D or 3-D, including elevation profiles.
- View and rotate maps at any angle.
- Create waypoints and routes on your computer and transfer maps, waypoints, routes, tracks and geotagged photos between your computer and device.
- Transfers satellite images to your device (with the purchase of BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagerysubscription).
- Shows animated playback of routes and tracks over time.
- Supports geotagged photos.
- Easily organize data into folders.
- Prints full-page, color maps.
- Exports user data for viewing in Google Earth™.
- Includes advanced geocaching support; can import data from geocaching.com.
Changes made from version 3.0.6 to 3.1.1:
- Added support for multiple new BirdsEye products.
- Added support for sorting, searching, browsing and filtering user data.
- Added support for ejecting devices from within BaseCamp.
- Added support for filtering tracks.
- Added support for display of track statistics and temperature.
- Added support for time offsets while geotagging photos from tracks.
- Added support for editing multiple waypoints, routes and tracks at a time.
- Added support for importing geotagged photos.
- Added support for full screen mode.
- Added support for non-rectangular selection area for BirdsEye downloads.
- Improved performance while importing, geotagging, autosaving and routing.
- Improved support for various DPI settings.
- Reduced memory required by BirdsEye imagery.
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later is required.
- .NET framework 3.5 is required. A current version of .NET will be installed if needed.
- 1 GB of system memory is required, 2 GB of system memory is recommended when using BirdsEye Imagery or Garmin Custom Maps.
- A video card that supports OpenGL version 1.3 or later is needed to enable the 3D view.
- If you experience problems when interacting with the map views, please make sure that you have installed current video card drivers.
- BaseCamp will recognize all MapSource products except BlueChart.
- BaseCamp does not work with serial GPS devices.